Archive for January 2011
For the last week now, there has been a lot of clamoring regarding the concept of what is free speech and what is considered "hate speech".
Now, my heart goes out to those who lost loved ones from last weekend’s tragedy in Tucson. It doesn’t matter what one’s political ideology is – life is life and the senseless taking of it is one of man’s greatest evils. May God be with Representative Giffords as she recovers and her family.
But I am growing more and more annoyed at all the yammering on the left.
First, it starts off with the Pima County sheriff spouting off comments which, really, were spoken out of flat ignorance. You can’t really make the case that Loughner did what he did because of political rhetoric. There was no indication of that in any of his postings or writings, yet here is Sheriff Dupnik (man, could we ever mess with that name!) talking out his butt, trying to blame Rush Limbaugh for this. (like he’s ready to press charges or something)
Then, Sarah Palin jumps into the fray with a video post on Facebook (that the libs dismiss as teleprompted rhetoric) and MSM sites go saying it’s Palin playing the victim card. It was pretty funny that one of the MSM’s made that statement (I think ABC was first out with it) and then, like a flock of birds, CBS and NBC common-taters make the exact same statement.
That kind of reminds me of the entire "gravitas" craze parroting that MSM tried to pin to Dick Cheney back in 2007.
Well, today it’s "blood libel" – a term that the MSM’s that keep parroting and trying to turn into some anti-Semitic pejorative so they can smear on Palin. What a crock.
Overall, though, the lesson to learn here is that all this has nothing to do with vitriolic speech, but rather, another feeble attempt by the wacko George Soros financed left wing to silence the right (and correct) side of the political discourse. Every time they’ve tried, it’s been met with dismal failure. They tried with Air-head America and that failed (thank you Stuart Smalley for your "outhouse insight". They keep trying with the so-called Fairness Doctrine, which works well if you’re a socialist. In short, they keep trying and keep failing.
Because they can’t stand the truth. They don’t want to hear what has always been true – instead, liberals want to change the truth into a lie. They want to convince us that the money that we earn is not ours, but theirs. They want to rob us of our moral codes and replace them with their nonsensical relativistic secular humanism. And they want to throw God under a very large bus and back over Him twice, for how dare He say in His Word that homosexuality is wrong?
Folks, we need to understand that the loony left is baiting us into playing their game. They want us to get nasty and vitriolic. They want us to push the boundaries of the law so they then can put the kibosh on conservative speech.
What I say here is, "whatever". We just need to continue speaking out and making the liberals cry foul (which they do whenever a conservative speaks) And then, let’s try and fry Loughner, since we conservatives still believe in the death penalty. That way, we have one less crazy pothead with a gun out there terrorizing people.
How’s that for vitriol?
Stay Rabid, my friends.
So, as I peruse the news today, looking for something on wish to rant, I remember a blogger friend of mine who used to just cut snippets and throw out a paragraph, basically ranting.
1) Up-Chuck Schumer is a moron. Here he is making a statement that “House Republicans should decline health coverage for themselves and their families”. First of all, Chuckie, what’s going to happen when the Dufus-crat health scare bill comes online. There is no “declining” because you have to have health care. And it’s not about whether we disagree with health care, it’s because we disagree that you force every citizen into having coverage without a Constitutional leg to stand on.
2) Nancy “Queen-Bee” Pelosi and Obama have fun in the sun in Hawai’i however, it seems that We the People get stuck with the bill. I mean, really, why in the heck does any one person deserve the right to take a $1.4M vacation on the taxpayers’ nickel? I think the US Budget Office should send them a bill.
3) So, according to a WikiLeaks dump, we hear that Ahmed-de-nut-job got slapped by the head of the Revolutionary Guard. I wonder if it could have been as good as about the 2:00 mark of this video. Probably not, but one can always dream. Maybe if we hit him hard enough, his eyes would get closer together?
4) So what’s with all the dead birds and fish? (link, link, link, and link) I’m pretty sure the Green-unists will find some way to blame it all on climate change, global warming, or whatever the heck they’re calling it these days.
5) Fifth and final, I learned a new word today: schmegeggy. At least Brian Williams is keeping us all very well informed while he complains about being very well groped by the TSA.
Okay, I’m going to bed. Enough ranting for now. The GOP takes over the House in the morning and the first order of business is a repeal of ObamaCare. It won’t get repealed with a Dem-kopfen Senate but perhaps they can take steps to defund it.
Or someone can just smack them all in the schmegeggy…