Archive for the ‘Nonsensical’ Category
This racist crap has got to stop, especially from people who are supposed to be educated and educators. The way I see it, racists find racism in everything they see.
Take Dr. Verenice Gutierrez (firstname.lastname@example.org – if you want to mail her and tell her what you think; I recommend it) a principal at Portland’s Harvey Scott K-8 School. The Bad Doctor basically says, that the PBJ, the staple of millions of kids for lunch – and one of America’s top comfort foods, calls it a sign of white privilege. You can read more of her nonsense here.
Give me a break. Unless they REALLY like it, the PBJ is not exactly something that is heavily consumed by the wealthy. It was something that kids could easily make for themselves during the Latch-Key generation (in other words, people my age – and I wasn’t “privileged”).
While peanut butter was considered a delicacy in the early 1900′s, by the time WWII came around, it was part of the US soldier ration list. It wasn’t exactly the well-to-do that came up with the PBJ. (Read the article)
I get sick and tired of these race pimps and posers out there who think they are smarter than the rest of us – but in the end, only make themselves look like total idiots by coming up with this drivel. Gutierrez’ comment does nothing to help an already liberal heavy school district gain some sense of reality and common sense.
Just for that, I think I am going to eat a bunch of PBJ’s this weekend and at each time, tweet that I did. You can follow it @rabidrightway. Too bad that Verenice is too smart-stupid to have a Twitter account, otherwise, I’d make sure to let her know. I sense a trend opportunity here.
When a person looks at a PBJ, I can’t control whether that person thinks it’s a symbol of racism, white privilege, or a symbol of hunger destruction. Either way, that’s not its history. So rather than deal in what people “think”, how about this educator deals with the “facts”.
I guess it’s because the bread is white, right Verenice? Moron.
Once in a while, I see things in tie news that just make me wonder if the neutrinos are spinning the opposite way or something. In any case, these two stories came out pretty close together, which leads me to believe something is weird in the universe.
- So we’ve all been told about the dangers of eating fast food and how bad it is for us. Personally, the way I see it, moderation is the key to a healthy diet. As long as a person isn’t slamming the stuff every day for lunch, I would say eating a Big Mac isn’t going to be as lethal as the health nuts like to tell us.But we found that Big Macs can save lives now. Take this 45 year old Arizona resident who scaled a radio tower in downtown LA, stripped off all his clothes and demanded hamburgers from McDonalds. The cops complied and got the guy some food. While that was quite a stunt, just to get some Mickey D’s, I guess if he didn’t get his Big Mac, he’d be “special sauce” on the pavement below.Was that a little over-the-top? Well, perhaps it was, given that he was on a tall radio tower.
- I’m not sure what the obsession is for women to get massive breast implants. I can see it for women who have had mastectomies or something, or maybe for the gal who needs a few more digits in her va-voom. But when women like Sheyla Hershey decide that too much is never enough and go up to…oh…say a 38KKK, well, that’s pretty crazy.But, when she was driving to pick up her hubby after a Super Bowl party, Ms. Hershey wrapped her car around a tree. The airbags didn’t deploy, however, the silicone implants cushioned her from nosing into the steering wheel.She was on some heavy meds at the time of the crash, so she could find herself being charged with a DUI. But for now, the record-holding Hershey gets to live another day – perhaps to try and break her own record. Hopefully she doesn’t start influencing the tides or something.
My guess, though, is an augmented woman with a Big Mac, though, could be very dangerous – so I recommend caution, at least until the neutrinos change direction.
Stay rabid, my friends.
Every once in a while, we write one of these – just a random smattering of news stories that are barely worth a full blog post, but when put them all together, it makes enough of one. A long time ago, a fellow brick-throwing blogger started a tradition and I think it’s high time to let tradition have its due – again.
` Chelsea Clinton returns to the media spotlight as a journalist. – Oh goodie. Another reason not to watch NBC. Why the heck is this even in the news? What relevance does the young Ms. Clinton have anyway? The sad part of this article is that the writer talks about the young Clinton running for Congress. That’s a face-palm moment there.
Obama: It really doesn’t matter who the GOP nominates – of course it doesn’t, because any Republican with a pulse can beat you, Mr. President. Your socialistically driven nonsense, wasted cronyism spending, and lack of leadership has made it so that any Republican could beat you. And you are right, Mr. President, most all Republicans have a different vision than you – one where less government and lower taxes with reduced government spending rule the day.
Now this is just funny – turns out that General Hossein "Salami" is saying that Iran won’t return the drone that they captured from the US, boasting about their intelligence program. Actually, that would be classified as a stroke of luck because for that one that malfunctioned and you found, there are about twenty more taking pictures of those mud-shacks you call houses. Of course, any military that has a person called "salami" as a General only invites additional ridicule – after all, I guess when a guy’s entire family is named after a sandwich meat, one must resort to silly saber-rattling in order to get some respect.
Salami with sharp cheddar cheese and a glass of tea….yum.
Of course, General, if you keep up with all this “hostile act” talk, you might find yourself much like “Baghdad Bob”.
That’s enough for now…more to toss later, as I read more nonsensical news.
Oh look, another birthday present…superheroes!
I have always loved comic book superheroes. I’ve always liked DC Comics over Marvel, but that’s just my preference. In any case, one thing that I’ve dreamt about is to be a superhero.
Every kid does – and some adults do too. It’s a nifty mental distraction.
But for some people, it’s more than a daydream, flight-into-the-fantasy; it’s a real-live thing. I’m not sure what possesses some people to don a costume and try to be a superhero, but it does happen.
There are people out there who play the part – at least a small part of it.
However, for Ben Fodor, AKA Phoenix Jones, saving people from fuel-less cars, spreading public awareness about crimes against one person or another, or protecting women from guys trying to pick them up in bars, isn’t enough. Instead, the latest saga in the wanna-be superhero mental crisis, we see a video of a report from Seattle of Phoenix Jones getting a broken nose after fighting on the streets:
However, today, Phoenix Jones ended up on the wrong side of the law. He burst into a group and started pepper spraying bad guys – which earned him a trip downtown with four counts of assault.
Here’s a tip, dude: you can only get away with that stuff if you are better than the cops too. And that generally means you have to have superpowers.
* By the way, the photo is Chairface Chippendale, one of the assorted baddies that The Tick fights. In the episode, The Tick vs. Chairface Chippendale, the villain is having a birthday party, which the Tick, Arthur, and American Maid crash. Chairface takes it as another gift for him – one he gets to feed to his alligators below his mansion.
So this week, we got the word that Iran was looking to put their first ever monkey into space, this summer.
Perhaps they think that if Curious George can go to space, then they can put one up there too.
Maybe they’ll use this monkey:
By the way, where the heck is PETA in all of this? There has got to be something wrong with a backwards Islamic country like Iran shooting animals into orbit.
By the way, the US put the first one into orbit back in 1948. So hats off to the Persians, although they are still over half a century behind.
Feral – Existing in a wild or untamed state. Having returned to an untamed state from domestication.
This week, three news stories came up, all of which had our word of the week – feral. Kinda strange that feral critters are making the news, but hey, I think Barack Obama is good with that, with all the bad press he continues to get.
1) Feral Chickens Roaming in New Orleans – Since Hurricane Katrina came through New Orleans, folks in the 7th Ward have had a new problem to go along with all the cleanup and rebuilding efforts – chickens at large. Turns out, these barnyard fowl are most probably escapees from backyard coops and now are roaming free, clucking and making noise with each passing day – particularly at sunrise when the roosters start crowing.
I do have to say, the last line of that article was choice:
People there tend to see the chickens as a sign of hope for New Orleans. They’re certainly a symbol of the tenacity of a city that was badly served at its neediest hour. No matter what else, life remains. Even if it clucks and tastes good deep-fried.
That’s just the way I like my hope…battered up and served with that special blend of herbs and spices. Yum.
2) Feral Pigs Ransack in Texas – Meanwhile as the chickens run rampant, turning the Big Easy into a great big chicken coop, feral pigs are tearing through Dallas-Fort Worth. Turns out some four million hogs are ripping through Texas, destroying peoples’ yards and wreaking havoc on neighborhoods. Ft. Worth won’t let people shoot them and trapping them is next to impossible. Animal services won’t help.
I don’t know, if it were me, I’d probably get in good with the local butcher in town and work on my bow hunting skills or invest in a good silencer. They also gotta think – legal costs vs. costs to repair damage. And I’m sure the insurance companies won’t be really excited to have to pay out for claims, looking for that ‘feral animal’ clause in the homeowner’s policy.
3) So there is a new abattoir standing up in Port Pirie in Australia that plans to sell 100,000 camels to the Middle East. Evidently, the prairies in the Land Down Under are becoming quite populated with feral camels, so this slaughterhouse will be taking care of them and selling the meat to the Middle East and other places as an export industry. I dunno, but camel burgers just don’t appeal to me much. The Australian Agriculture Minister though is thinking win-win. They get rid of an environmental nuisance and the create jobs.
I think this guy is onto something. Maybe Texas can start exporting pork, New Orleans ships out chickens and we have one hella-big barbeque, say either in Kansas City or Memphis. Sound good to you?
It used to be a little more difficult to get into Harvard in the past. It used to be you had to work hard, learn Latin and Greek, as well as master high school mathematics, history, and geography, and a myriad of other subjects. In fact, Slashdot came published a link to
I guess this girl, who is a talented vocalist and keyboardist (perhaps enough to do American Idol if she loses the dopey goo goo goggles and hat), has a different idea. Grace Oberhofer, who has been waitlisted, decides to take a couple of minutes and sing a little ballad about her love and devotion to Harvard, promising never to..ahem…urinate on a statue?
I can see it now, nerdy chick with that slightly “deer-in-the-headlight” look, capturing the hearts of Americans who want us to all hear the plight of the rigors of getting into a school that used to only admit people for ministry.
Didn’t that just stir your hearts? C’mon Harvard, you elitist dopes, let the nerdy chick in. She loves y’all and she’s using her primal screams to tell you that!
In the interest of taking a day off from Obama/Democrat bashing, let me change gears and just be absurd. I couldn’t resist…
Sometimes, people’s choice of eyewear gets too obvious:
First, we have Jane Badler back when she did V the right way…not that schlock of a show that’s going on now:
Lady Gaga? Well, while some may disagree, Stefani hasn’t done anything right as far as I’m concerned:
I might be off my hinges, but maybe she’s reptilian? With Diana, you just had to tear the face mask off to see the lizard. With Gaga, well, you have about that additional 1/4” of make up too…