Posts Tagged ‘mob’
Since Congress, as a norm, ignores its constituents, except during the campaign – and then candidates just tell the people what they want to hear in order to get elected, the townhall meeting becomes the last direct forum which everyday citizens can take part in their government.
Over the last few days, we have sat back and watched left wing, Democrat congressional types go home to their districts to face the music for their tomfoolery in Congress as of late. This particular incident has been a firebrand of the liberal blogosphere over the last week:
First off, Sebelius is a hack. She gets up and gripes how she is not a member of Congress, never has been, as if it is some sort of excuse for not being attentive to what the House produced as a potential bill. She even responded with the statement about how Sen. Specter could not read legislation for a bill that has not even been written yet (an obvious red herring saying that Specter should not at least be up on the House bill, just because he’s a Senator). Sebelius was, however, unaware that the House bill would require her to develop “measurements of gender”, but she didn’t even know what that meant.
And then, to listen to Specter drone on about how he has a staff that pieces out the bill and reads it is not the same as taking a few hours and reading the legislation, at least in brief.
But the larger issue here is with respect to the crowds of meeting goers that are quite upset about his bill. Since Congress, as a norm, ignores its constituents, except during the campaign – and then candidates just tell them what they want to hear in order to get elected, the townhall meeting becomes the last forum which everyday citizens can take part in their government. So the masses come out, armed with a battery of direct, no BS questions, written with a good amount of irritation. They come out in droves to let their leaders know just how much they disapprove of their actions. (the left wingers aren’t going to come out so much, since they like the idea of Marxist healthcare). Instead of coming out, though, the left wing begins to run attack ads against the people, like this one:
So, rather than the left wing try to answer the questions of the right (since all of this stimulus/government takeover garbage is supposed to be a good idea), the right wing gets demonized as the “angry mob”.
Well, we are angry! And I guess if we get together in a large group, then yes, we’re an angry mob. And you know what? The liberals can’t stand it when we get together and protest in the same way that they do. They can get together and protest a war outside the gates of a military installation, throwing out how much they hate George Bush and how much he needed to be impeached and what not and it’s okay. But when we get together, we’re the vitriolic angry mob, filled with rage and hate against The One.
So, liberals, before you get to hating yourselves, perhaps in a faint possibility of hope, try to listen to why we are angry.
- We are sick of the government. We have watched time and time again as government programs are introduced that provide a handout to people while eroding our personal liberties and freedoms.
- We are sick of our country being directed by big-game tort lawyers and union bosses rather than “We the People”.
- We don’t want to pay our hard earned dollars for abortions for women who can’t control their sexual appetites.
- We don’t want to classify two men or two women in a homosexual union the same as traditional marriage.
- We don’t want to cede control of our parental rights and education of our children to the federal government, just because the UN thinks we can’t raise our kids right.
- We don’t want rationed health care or socialistic medicine when all we need to do is just open health care to the free market and knock off the tort insanity.
- We don’t want the government spending our hard earned tax dollars helping Blue State Obama supporters as you call it ‘economic recovery’ while we see it as “pay-offs”.
- We’re sick of you touting Global Warming and Climate Change as a religious means of wresting more money from us to give to your Green Movement allies.
- We’re angry about your attempts at Social Justice, meanwhile the ethnic group having to make all the reparations and fixes are Caucasian males. (see my post on racism)
- We’re sick of progressive liberalism, pushing our country, bit by bit, towards socialism. We think Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Patrick Henry, John Jay, and Ben Franklin were far more intelligent than Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin and wish you would understand that too.
Do you get it now? You won the majority of voters that voted, but not the majority of Americans. You call the last eight a dismal failure of domestic and foreign policy as a means of blame shifting. You play partisan games and engage in class warfare, rather than adopting the rhetoric that Obama touted during the election of getting past partisan politics. And you can’t stand it when we don’t agree with you – so you cry foul and call us rabid. Well, I guess to you, anyone is a rabid conservative.
But while we are angry with you, we don’t hate you. We love you with God’s love, as well as fellow Americans. It’s too bad you can’t accord us the same thing, but then, liberalism teaches to hate in order to get.
So, we’ll continue to be angry and you continue to hate. And we’ll just see you in 2010, because I’ll tell you this…you will see change – as you see us get angrier and angrier and the Congress begin to shift back to the center-right, where it should be. By the way, without American anger, you wouldn’t be an American liberal today. Think about that.